Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Friday, May 31, 2019

Young animals in Spring

Spring is the time when many animals are born. The first babies I saw were lambs, in North Wales on 12th April.



Early May I saw this coot with young, at Millers Pond near Shirley, Croydon -



Next were the fox cubs. I don't know when they are born, but I first saw them on 17 May. Prior to that mum probably keeps them safely in the den, until they are old enough to be presented to the world. In 2017 I first saw them on 15th May, in 2018 on 17th, so the dates have been consistent over 3 years.
In 2019 there were 2 mothers, one with 3 cubs, the other with 2.


One of the mothers -

The other mother, who I think is younger

It was impossible to get a photo of the cubs together as they don't stay still long enough!

At the end of May I went to Waddon Ponds, near Croydon, and saw this swan with cygnets. It was hard to count them, there are at least 8


Also at Waddon was this Mallard family, there seem to be 8 youngsters. It's good to see that dad is helping out



Meteorological spring ends on 31 May 2019, the day after I went to Waddon Ponds.

No comments:

Post a Comment