Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Horizon 22 viewing platform, London

London's highest viewing platform! It is even higher than the viewing platform in The Shard. The Shard observation deck is located between the 68th and 72nd floors and the View from the Shard is at 224 m whereas the Horizon platform is at 254 m (info from Ian Visits). The total height of The Shard is 309 m.

The Horizon 22 viewing platform opened in Sept 2023 and is located at 22 Bishopsgate in the City of London, immediately next to The Lookout at No 8 Bishopsgate. I visited The Lookout immediately before going to Horizon 22. 


I didn't have a ticket but was able to get one on arrival - tickets are free. After a security check, an express lift whisks you up to the 58th floor. It takes 41 seconds and I didn't notice my ears pop, unlike in the slower lift in The Lookout.


The lift opens onto the upper level and you go down stairs to the main  viewing deck. This is large and there is even a small cafe and toilets. 







The Walkie-Talkie Sky Gardens -

As it was getting more hazy I didn't take many photos, as the views were essentially the same as from The Lookout. 

Whilst looking at my map to try and identify buildings, I noticed The Dutch Church was nearby, and as I had never heard of it before, I decided to go and have a look. So after using the unisex toilet


I took the fast lift back down to terra firma and headed off to the Dutch Church.

**

See my blog of The Lookout.

See 22 Bishopsgate website.

No comments:

Post a Comment