Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Merdeka helicopters & jets


Every year for about a week before Merdeka, I get helicopters flying over my apartment as they practise for display on Aug 31st. I keep taking photos, even though the photos are never good, as I am looking straight into the sun at 8am.

The helicopters come over first, starting at 7.55am, and usually there are about 5, then on the 2nd run they have all 14 (or is it 15?).














Pahang


bomba



Sabah







Then 2 or 3 days before the 31st the jets do their practice. These are particularly noisy, and I am convinced one day they will take off the roof of a nearby condo.
planes
 jets -



Now it is Merdeka morning and the show is over. The jets were incredibly loud, I thought they were coming through my kitchen. The sky is a bit hazy/cloudy today, so I was unable to see if they had the coloured vapour trails this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment