Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Truly Asian Indulgence

My friends laughed when I said I was going to an afternoon of fashion and make up. Normally I wear Tshirt and shorts and never use make up. But as I had an invitation to attend the event, I decided to accept.



The event, exclusively for ladies, was hosted by Suria KLCC and held in Spring Garden Restaurant on 4th floor of Suria. The CEO of Suria KLCC made the opening welcome speech, and about 70 ladies attended. Poor guy, being faced by a sea of women, he made his escape as soon as he had spoken! Drinks and small nibbles were served and we watched a skin care demo by SHISEIDO. This was actually a girl making up a model, and as I never wear make up, it was all alien to me!!!








High tea was next, and this turned out to be a full scale buffet. The restaurant serves Chinese food and dim sum and we all piled our plates high. The food was good, loads of prawns in different styles as well as lots of other dishes.

Whilst we were eating there was a fashion show by Ang Eng, Dewi Moon and Salabianca, which are designer shops in Suria KLCC. The models of course looked great, but I wondered how the clothes would look on us mere mortals. The fashion show was done to a very catchy song "Chop Suey". And Salabnianca's collection was entitled Dim Sum Drama.

































The event ended with about 8 prizes (shop vouchers of RM500 etc),we were asked questions about Suria KLCC and first person to put up their hand could answer. It was a bit chaotic with dozens of people all with their hands in the air. I won nothing, as I don't really know the shops. But we were all given a gift bag on leaving, full of beauty products. Only problem is I don't know what most of them are! What the heck do you do with "super refining essence" or "intensive skin corrective program".
-------------
© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

4 comments:

  1. Truly Asian Indulgence, yes...:-) Fascinating that these shows are possible in the same country where a discussion is going on about introducing hudud laws for both Muslims and non-Muslims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion is money, especialy in KLCC !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck do you do with "super refining essence" or "intensive skin corrective program".
    Don't worry - throw them into a dustbin or give to someone. Don't be a victim of beauty fashion company. Just wash with soap and water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had taken the advice given by lightlingmk2 !!!
    I started using the 3 day program, and it is horrible. It is like putting syrup on your face. I was going to say glue, but at least glue dries. But this stuff just remains sticky for hours, and of course hairs stick to it, as well as dirt. I can't imagine how it is good for the skin. Thank goodness it was a free sample, as there is NO way I would ever buy something like this. As lightlingmk2 says, soap and water ARE the best.

    ReplyDelete