Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

TAS@Lot 10 - Butoh Butoh

 


I went back to the new TAS@Lot 10 to see Butoh Butoh by Nyoba Kan. I didn't know anything about this dance style, so had to google it. From Wikipedia :

" It typically involves playful and grotesque imagery, taboo topics, extreme or absurd environments, and is traditionally "performed" in white-body makeup with slow hyper-controlled motion. But there is no set style, and it may be purely conceptual with no movement at all. Its origins have been attributed to Japanese dance legends Tatsumi Hijikata and Kazuo Ohno."

The last programme I found totally odd, the 3 performers were lying on the dark stage and didn't move much, there was strange distorted projected images on the back wall, and the music reminded me of a stream train or a large monster panting.
I have to admit I found it quite strange, but was glad to have experienced something new.


view from Lot 10 roof


rooftop garden  

my condo in centre back


























the best performance


























the only male performer










I have added a very short video on Butoh .
See more on The Actors Studio.

<br><br>
© Liz Price <br>
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment