Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thean Hou temple CNY 2010


I've been to the Thean Hou temple many times as it is so close to where I live. I always go at Chinese New Year to see the decorations. This year I thought they weren't as good as usual, and there were no fireworks on the eve, normally they have a great firework display. In fact there were far less fire crackers generally this year.

CNY was Feb 14. I went up to the temple on Day 6, and went in the morning hoping it wouldn't be busy as it wasn't a special day, but there was a queue of cars up the hill to the car park. And the temple itself was packed. An additional factor was the very hot sun which meant everyone was trying to keep in the shade.

Because of the crowds I didn't stay long, I just took a few photos (I already have so many) and left.

List of "deities", take your pick
Dragon
Sea of red
Washing the Maitreya Buddha
View towards KL city

© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

3 comments:

  1. Aka the laughing Buddha is the future Buddha replacing Gautama Buddha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I"m always confused by the different types of Buddhas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many Buddhas before all Buddhas are the the 5 transcendental Buddhas. Buddha is not a God.

    ReplyDelete