Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bentong durians

Bentong durians are in season in August. And I love durians.

After our visit to the SEMOA orang asli centre at Tras, where we had pigged out on durians for lunch, I wanted to stop and buy some to take home.

There were quite a lot of sellers along the old Raub to Bentong road, and also on the main newer Raub to Bentong road. We chose one on the old road. The price was RM5 / kg, which didn't seem particulary cheap, but the fruit were really delicious, just how I like them, sweet, creamy and yellow. I bought 4 kg, I'd intended to buy 3 kg, but the seller used the old trick of "no change" to make us buy more, even though my Chinese friend was doing the buying on my behalf.

And even though we were all full, we stopped at the famous Kow Po ice cream shop in Bentong, for their special chendol. Gee, I was so full after.


checking that it is a good one

wish I could take the lot home

waiting


durian seller's house

3 kg, then 1 more is added

opening the fruit

a bus goes by

Bentong

special chendol


I was full after this!!!

The durians I took home were really good. Had one for dinner (even though I was still full), the small one for breakfast, and the large one for lunch. It's nice to eat them alone cos I can eat them slowly and savour each mouthful rather than gobbling them down. For some reason when eating them in a group, everyone eats them so fast, almost as if it is a race.

<br><br>
© Liz Price <br>
No reproduction without permission

5 comments:

  1. Maybe too much after you bought your durians, but did you ever try their absolutely heavenly durian ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had coffee ice cream with the chendol. Normally I'm not keen on durian flavoured things like cakes, ice cream etc, but maybe their's is good if it is home made .

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you tried "king durian" Rm12/kg ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few varities and "ang hair" (hokkien) is one of them.

    ReplyDelete