Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Bird park, KL




I normally boycott the KL Bird Park, a) because of the price difference between foreigners and Malaysians, and b) many birds were in bad condition some years ago. As I had free tickets I paid a visit in April 2011. I am not a lover of birds. I found the park interesting for an hour or so, then got a bit bored.

I felt it a shame that the hornbills seemed to be in the smaller size cages and weren't allowed to roam free, although one oriental pied was free at feeding time - they are fed meat and fruit The flamingos didn't have much pink colour, but the ostriches were in better condition than on my last visit.

There didn't seem to be a huge variety of birds, or maybe I just walked around too quickly!
Entry for foreigners in 2012 is RM48. Malaysians RM25.

bird park welcome

love bird

bird food

rubbish bin

peafowl

crowned pigeon

any food?

these guys were everywhere


peafowl

buffy fish owl

peacock no colours

yellow billed stork

scarlet ibis

yellow billed stork

flamingo

Alice in Wonderland pose


buffy fish owl

one leg pose

changeable hawk eagle

pretty


wreathed hornbill

pied hornbill

sunbathing




© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment