Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

cicaks mating




I have lots of cicaks or house geckos sharing my apartment. They seem to be quite territorial. One large one is totally unconcerned by my presence, others are very shy and hide behind pictures whenever I move.

The other night I heard a lot of cicak noise and went to look as I assumed that one was eating another - which I have seen before. However when I looked more closely I realised they were mating.

Over the course of a few hours they mated 3 times and in between they went back to their respective territories. I managed to get some photos although was reluctant to use the flash or to get too close.

I wonder where the eggs will be laid.
Having a rest

Next day I was amused to see a very small (young) cicak near one of the adults - I hope the baby didn't become a meal for the big one!


See also cicak eating a moth.

© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

2 comments:

  1. Your close encounter is also mine and unlike you I don't pay any attention to them. They stick their eggs behind locker and anywhere safe or out of danger. I moved my furniture from old home, Taiping, and now there are geckos in my new house !!! You love nature and is not afraid like other girls. Gecko is good in a way that they eat the most dreaded cockroaches and mosquitoes. The most annoying part is their shits all along the bottom side of wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like geckos. In my old apartment I used to feed them......... they love chocolate, meat and fruit. I don't think the small cicaks will eat cockroaches as the roaches are too big.
    The shit is OK as it is dry!
    I often see hatched gecko eggs on cave walls. But not seen them in the house as most furniture is fitted.

    ReplyDelete