Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kites around my Kuala Lumpur condo




There are an increasing number of kites around my condo near Kuala Lumpur. I think they are Brahminy kites. They have annnoying "mewing" call. In the mornings they come swooping down the valley and the green parrots always give piercing alarm calls.

This morning when I looked out I was suprised to see a whole flock of birds circling around in the distance. Most of them seemed to be kites though there were a few crows mixed in. I've never seen a big group like this before.

One bird sits in a tree opposite my kitchen. It sits there for up to 4 hours.

Photos are not good as I don't have a good camera.
Some of these might be crows, though luckily there are none roosting in my area


© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

2 comments:

  1. Khong can give a good explaination on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds Talking Too said...
    Hi Liz,
    Great shots. The Crested Serpent Eagle white markings below the wings is a give away. The Brahminy Kites too.It looks like the raptors are coming to us! HaHa!
    Thanks for dropping by.
    Regards

    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:45:00 AM

    ReplyDelete