Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Haze 2013

Flew back to KL from London arriving 19 June and KLIA stunk of smoke INSIDE. The haze itself wasn't too bad and the next 2 days were fairly sunny but smelly. The TV news channels were showing extremely bad haze in Singapore and it was bad in southern Malaysia. Then on 22 June the haze arrived in KL. I woke up with a bad throat which lasted all day. Had to keep the door and windows closed. It's the first time I've ever had a sore throat from the haze - and that was indoors.

June 23 I had a shock. Woke up late due to jetlag and opened my curtains mid morning and saw this
 and this would be a normal view -

The following 3 photos were taken on Sat 22,


and this is the same view on Sun 23, where KL Sentral has disappeared



In this photo we should see Menara KL and KLCC




The haze is particularly bad in Singapore and they are making a lot of fuss on the international TV news such as BBC and Al Jazeera. But as usual Malaysia "keeps quiet"!

Monday 24 June was just as bad. State of emergency in some areas. It's the worst haze for 8 years. Schools closed in KL, Selangor and Malacca. I again had a sore throat, and I haven't had the windows open since Sat. Monday afternoon I left KL as I couldn't stand it any more. I went to Ipoh which was far less hazy and virtually no smell in comparison.

-----------
Haze had gone by second week in July, maybe earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment