Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bomba helicopters flying over my condo in KL

 
Fri 2, Sat 3 and Sun 4 May 2014, 3 Bomba helicopters were flying past and over my condo each morning. Bomba is The Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department (Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia).

They started at 8am. The front 2 were trailing flags - Malaysian and bomba flags -


9M-BOD
 9M-BOC had no flag. Note the difference in sky, from 8.58 and 9.17 am -

The 3 together
BOD again, this can take 15 passengers -

the flag has 'disappeared'
 

They did many large circuits and on the last one the three flew directly over my condo -


flag looks rather tattered
 On the 4th they again flew straight over my condo on the last circuit -

 

They are AgustaWestland helicopters, described as search and rescue / light utility. Info from helis.com :

9M-BOB = AW109E Power, built 2003    [BOA crashed 2004]

9M-BOC = AW139  acquired by Bomba in 2010 (ex I-EASY)

9M-BOD = AW139  acquired by Bomba in 2010 (ex I-PTFT)


9M - BOD
9M - BOB
 
9M - BOD
9M - BOC

 
9M - BOD




9M - BOB

9M - BOD

© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment