Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Friday, September 19, 2014

Cherating hillside destruction

I've known Cherating for more than 20 years and have fond memories of the place. However in recent years the place is really deteriorating in many ways. I blogged about the downfall of Cherating in Sept 2010.

I rarely go there now, as all but one of my friends who used to live there have left. However I did go in Aug 2014 as I wanted to stay in a beach resort for a few days RnR.

I was saddened to see that the hill at the end of Cherating beach is being destroyed for development. A huge area of trees has been cut and it is proposed to build chalets (100?) up on the hill, next to the big house.




Note the  ubiquitous blue fence that you see everywhere surrounding developments in Malaysia.

Tourism Malaysia website still shows the hill in it's pristine state!

No comments:

Post a Comment