Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Songkhla Nov 2014

My annual visit to Songkhla. Last time was March 2013.

As usual I did the free tram ride. This time I was the only passenger so the guide was able to talk in English telling me about the many sights.

After I walked round the old town and went to one of my favourite lunch places which does delicious but very cheap rice dishes.

I saw a large red building that I had never noticed before. There was an adjacent brick chimney. So I went in for a look and discovered it is the old rice mill.





There were lots of posters around the wall in Thai and English giving the history of the Songkhla area as well as the town and the buildings.



The oldest Chinese building in town (300 years?) -



 An attractive lane leading to the waterfront -




On the main street -


There are a few canals in Songkhla. In 2013 they were covering this one with logs and I wondered why

 this is why -

and these are the uncovered parts -


I have no idea what bionic food is,

but I did see a nice cake being iced, sadly it was too big to carry
 
The next day when I went past, the cake was finished

As usual I took lots of photos of the old town, far more than I have posted here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment