Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Paddington Bear - RIP Michael Bond

I've been a fan of Paddington Bear most of my life. Paddington Bear was created by Michael Bond in 1956, so I was sad to hear that Michael Bond died on 27 June 2017.

Paddington, who comes from "deepest darkest Peru" was found on Paddington Station and was taken home by the Brown family. Over the years Paddington had many adventures and escapades. I read many of his books over the years. There has also been a TV series and a film.

Paddington is well known for his love of marmalade sandwiches. As part of a tribute to Michael Bond, people left jars of marmalade and flowers at the Paddington Bear statue on Platform 1 of the station.


Mum bought me a large size Paddington Bear, not when I was a child, but when I was 28. He is about 47 cm high.



Since then I acquired 2 more. The small one is my travelling companion and since I had him, he has been everywhere with me on all holidays and trips away, even on weekends away. As you can see he is well worn, especially his hat -






3 comments:

  1. Wonderful imagaes!
    http://estates.uonbi.ac.ke

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see an article about Michael Bond and Paddington Bear...thanks for sharing!

    Carol at Doctorate and Universities

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete