Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Jupiter, May 2018

Jupiter has been really bright the last few nights.In May 2018, Jupiter is the second brightest planet, after Venus. Jupiter ascends in the east after sunset, and I have been getting a clear view of it in the south sky as it is dark, from around 9.30 pm.

According to earthsky.org, Jupiter is at its best this month in all of 2018. It is brighter than any star.
However Venus, which is in the western sky, is brighter, so I need to look out for that.

I only have a digital camera and no tripod, so can't get any good photos. These are the best I could do!

10.30 pm on 19th May

9.38 pm on 20th May

camera shake, not Jupiter on the move!!!

9.44 pm on 22nd May
On May 27th, the almost full moon rose in the sky and situated well to its right was Jupiter -

The full moon was on 29th but it was too cloudy in London to see it. This is the 30th view -



I did see Venus in Jan 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment