Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Monday, July 6, 2020

Full moon and Jupiter, July 2020

The full moon this month was on 5th July. In American tradition, the full Moon in July is called the Buck Moon because a buck’s antlers are in full growth mode at this time. This full Moon was also known as the Thunder Moon because thunderstorms are so frequent during this month.

I was surprised to see it rise slightly further south than normal on the night of 5th July. Jupiter was very bright above the moon. Saturn should also have been visible but I couldn't see it. Possibly because the moon and surrounding sky were very bright.


The moon when I first saw it, at 22.11

With Jupiter -

And with the church steeple as a reference point -

Next night I was lucky. It was a cloudy night but when I woke at 1 am and looked out, I managed to see Jupiter and Saturn -


From timeanddate -




UPDATE

10 pm on 19 July, Jupiter was really bright and Saturn was also visible -






No comments:

Post a Comment