Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Roti King at Battersea Power Station

 When my friend Amy told me that her friends had been to Roti King at Battersea Power Station, I decided to go there for my New Year's day lunch! I'd been intending to visit the newly opened power station, so this would kill two birds with one stone. 

Before lunch I had a relatively quick look around Battersea Power Station. I then headed for Arches Lane and Roti King. I have never been to a Roti King before as I have never come across one - the only other one in London is at Euston. It was opened by a Malaysian Indian from Ipoh. They serve Malaysian and Singaporean street food. I checked their menu before going, and the prices were quite reasonable. 

I got there at 11.55 am and found a queue, as they didn't open until 12. Whilst taking photos I lost a few places in the queue! Luckily there was still space for one person but the group behind me had to wait.




The majority of the customers looked like Malaysians!

The menu had lots of my favourite dishes, but I had already decided on the beef rendang. The disadvantage of eating alone is that I can only order one dish. It was only when I was part way through the meal that I realised I was naturally eating with a spoon and fork - I'd gone back to the old ways of eating without thinking.


The rendang was delicious, really authentic taste, with good quality and quantity of beef. Next time I will try the murtabak, another favourite.



As already mentioned, the price is very reasonable considering it is a restaurant where you are served and in a very expensive area. I normally pay £10 for a dish in self service food courts in London suburbs. 

From my friend Swee Yian "The last two words in Cantonese. "Geng" can mean strong but in this case means very very good and "wei" is for emphasis"


No comments:

Post a Comment