Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Terrapins at Thean Hou


                                                             My neck is longer than yours

Thean Hou is a very famous temple just outside KL at Seputeh. I always spend time watching the terrapins when I go there.



 look at my green eye
 cataract?
 I've got a hole in my shell
I'm listening

There's no barrier restraining the terrapins and once I found one walking down the road some way from the pond, so I picked it up and took it back to its friends, as I was scared it would get run over.





 double parked



See also Thean Hou temple cheng -beng.

© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

3 comments:

  1. If one can go overboard, many others can too. If there is no barrier, one should be made. If no one can do that, I can be counted as one of the volunteers. From the picture the terrapins are in a much healthier state than the one in Penang-pagoda. Over populated. Some must be released in the wild. What the heck the cruality to animal, MNSociet, Game Dept., etc are doing ? All talk, theory, fine, compound, court charges, licences, etc, with no benefit to the animal. NO ACTION ALL TALK !?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly seem to be better off than the ones at Sam Poh Tong temple at Ipoh, and the ones at the terrapin breeding centre at Bota Kanan in Perak. But as you can see in these photos, a couple of terrapins have bad eyes. One looks like a cataract, the other looks like a disease. If it is a disease, it could spread to the other terrapins. They need a vet to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat hope. I have no eye see. I am used to all talk and no action and am immunised .

    ReplyDelete