Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas in Mid Valley & Gardens


It's that time of the year again, when it's hard not to get caught up in the festive feeling. Once again Mid Valley has put on a good display for Christmas - they also did an excellent display for Hari Raya 2008.

Whereas the neighbouring Gardens keeps their themes more simple.

Mid Valley's theme for Christmas 2008 is a carnival. At first, I wondered why a carnival, as it's not Christmassy to me. Then I saw the carnival relates to a circus, which still has little to do with Christmas. However when I was a child in England we always went to see the visiting circus which was always in winter time.












As I hate crowds, I only go to Mid Valley in the morning before the real crowds get there. Unfortunately I miss all the shows which generally start after lunch.

However they play Christmas songs throughout the mall and these are really catchy.

















Across the road in the neighbouring Gardens, the decorations are more simple and traditional.



However I couldn't work out what the white 'cages' are. At first I thought they were cages, like giant bird cages, but now I wonder if they are some sort of garden pergola.



And the Christmas songs and carols are more traditional and sombre.

© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment