Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

KTM & Touch n Go

The other day I noticed the balance of my Touch n Go card seemed to be somewhat lower than I expected. I had used the card a few times in the last week, but all for small transactions such as local train rides and road tolls.

TnG statement takes quite a time for the latest uses to show - apparently a fault of the tolls/stations etc, not TnG. After waiting almost a week I finally saw I had been charged 2 penalty fares, each RM10, by KTM on their Komuter train - I used it to go to the new bus station.

I checked the Komuter www, and saw they have a section on penalty fares. Apparently if the card is not read correctly, or there is an irregular transaction etc, a penalty of RM10 will be charged.

I then read that in most cases KTM will refund the money, if one contacts TnG. I did this through TnG www and had a very quick response. Then a couple of days later I was passing TnG office in Sentral so thought I would ask there. The girl was very helpful and filled out 2 forms for me (1 for each transaction) and told me my card would be credited in 1 month. I also picked up quite a detailed leaflet by KTM called "user guide".

As this seems to be a regular problem with KTM readers of TnG cards, I would suggest to anyone who uses these to check their statements.

--------------

UPDATE

I had been told my refund would take one month. It took 3. I finally got the refund in mid Sept. At that was after filling out more forms at the end of Aug.

1 comment: