Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Destruction opposite my condo 4

I went out for 2 hours, got home and was horrified to see the last 2 trees in front of  my condo had been cut down whilst I was out. They were both healthy trees and close to the edge of the area, so why did they need to destroy them.

The view this morning

 and the view when I came home
The red arrows show the trees lying on the ground



The tree closest to me had a large nest in it. So some poor bird will come home this evening and find not only his house gone but also his neighbourhood. The nest is circled in pink -

Within a very short time the JCB had chopped and shoveled up the trees and shoved them to one side. Such a sad end to such nice trees.

On 8 Oct I blogged about the tearing down of the other trees and how the digger got well and truly bogged down in the mud and water. This digger was left for a couple of days, then on 10 Oct a monster digger arrived to dig out the one that was stuck. It took most of the day and I videoed a lot of it.

After the stuck digger was freed, it then spent a lot of time try to clear the ponds. Since work started on the site one large pond appeared and then later a couple of smaller ones. In Oct there was a lot of rain and the water ran straight out of the trees at the top of the hill, down the bare earth of the site and collected in these ponds. A brown river then ran off down the hill to join the river by the road. As I type this the digger is filling in the smaller ponds, but I wonder how effective it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment