Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Klang River monitor lizards and otter

On a few occasions I've seen monitor lizards in the Klang river at Brickfields, near the Tun Sambanthan monorail station. Normally I don't have my camera with me. On one occasion I did, but the river had been in flood and flowing very fast and the monitor lizards were also fast. So it was not easy to take photos.

The first photo is a small (young) monitor lizard floating on a pile of vegetation. The 2nd photo shows a larger one swimming away from the camera -



The other day as I was crossing the pedestrian bridge from the station to Kuen Cheng school I spotted an otter by the river. It was not on the bank, but on an area of earth exposed by the river. Once again I didn't have a camera. The otter looked quite big and also quite dark. It must have seen me watching as it dived into the water and I didn't see it again.

I've no idea which species it was. It was only the second time I've seen an otter in the wild in Asia. The first time was in the river at Krabi town, in south Thailand.
[photos taken at Melaka animal safari]


Someone else has blogged about the Klang River otters, see the blog.

© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment