Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Porto, Portugal

Porto was the next stop on my 6 week Amazon cruise, after Rotterdam.

We docked at Leixoes and I took the Metro into Porto. This is a long tram, mostly above ground.

I'd been to Porto in May 2017 (but didn't blog about it). So this time I wanted to see sights that I had missed then.

Christmas tree outside the town hall.

The naked lady statue, Juventude

I had to see the world's most beautiful McDonalds. Located in an emblematic 1930s building that formerly housed the historic Imperial Café, its name taken from the huge regal bronze eagle statue that stands protectively over the door, wings outstretched. McDonald’s has retained many of the building’s original art deco décor, features include stained glass windows and crystal chandeliers.




Porto Sao Bento station has the blue paintings.


Street scenes -




It seems gulls sit on statues everywhere!

Then down to Ribeira. I'd missed it last time as I was on the opposite bank.








-- --

See the next blog on my Amazon cruise - Funchal, Madeira.

No comments:

Post a Comment