Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chamang waterfall, Pahang

I was driving from Bentong to Raub in Pahang, and just north of Bentong I saw a sign to Chamang Waterfall. As it was only 8 km I decided to visit, as it is many years since I have been there, and I've never been with a digital camera.

Arrived to find it developed, but not excessively so. When I visited in 1992 there was nothing. Now there is a suspension bridge across the river, toilet block, signboards and some of the trees are named.

As I walked to the falls there were warning signs and one showing the number of deaths each year. Also there are now stone markers right across the falls, showing the danger area, in various languages.

Jan has more info on Chamang falls.
shrine

road is being repaired
1992 view -


© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

2 comments:

  1. Was the water so "teh tarik" in those days, or is just fading of colours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although the photo colours have faded, the water was actually that colour, so it's either the result of a recent flood or upstream logging. I think it's probably from a flood..

    ReplyDelete