Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Abu Dhabi airport

In June 2013 I flew for the first time with Etihad which has its base in Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi. is the capital of the United Arab Emirates.

I normally don't like transit flights but as this one had a short stop over time between London and Kuala Lumpur I decided to take it was one of the cheapest flights available - I only booked 27 hours before flying!

The flight from Heathrow was late leaving so I ended up having no time in Abu Dhabi airport at all. Luckily my connecting flight was held up to wait for the passengers from London. I managed to take these photos as I ran though the airport at 2 am local time.


I wasn't even sure where Abu Dhabi is, so took photos from the screen in the plane -
 I learnt it is south of Dubai

On my return journey, I landed at Abu Dhabi airport at 6 am local time. On the approach I could see everything was sand




and the sun at 05.45

Inside the terminal I watched the sun rising by the sail shaped control tower. But it was still quite hazy





There is free wi fi in the airport. The duty free alcohol is very expensive, at least compared to SE Asia. The airport was busy at this time of the morning and the waiting areas were full and the queues for the ladies toilets were really, really long.


© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment