Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

I'm covered in bites

I've been travelling since I was a child and have been bitten and stung by all kinds of insects and other beasties. Normally I don't react to any. Sandflies on the beach are the worst for me.

In Nov 2013 I was sleeping in a hostel in Merapoh, Pahang, and during the night was aware of being bitten. I assumed it was mosquitoes. I had a really bad sleep because of the bites and also the heat. In the morning there were no signs of the bites so again I assumed they had been mossies, as I don't have any effects after the first 5 minutes or so.

But a few days later when I was home, the bites started reacting. The first night I had been bitten was Sunday, and by Thur the bites were really itchy. They came up in red lumps that oozed a clear fluid when I scratched them and this left a 'crust' on top.



I had them on both sides of my neck, right arm, and both thighs/upper legs. Luckily there were none on my torso, maybe as I'd been wearing a Tshirt. The leech bites on my lower legs and feet weren't really a problem. My leg -


It was only by the following Monday, 8 days later, that the bites started to reduce. But even over the next week days they were still itchy.


I have no idea what they are. The fact I got them indoors in a bed suggest bedbugs or maybe cat fleas or some form of mite.

-----

I got the bites on 17 Nov. Exactly 3 weeks later , 7 Dec, they were still noticeable, still a bit red, and still itchy if I touched them. I just hope there is nothing inside!!!

Thankfully 1 month after getting bitten, 15 Dec, the bites had virtually gone. Though there were still tiny raised lumps from those on my neck and I could still feel the spots on my legs and arm.
----
I spoke (wrote) too soon. Dec 17 I accidentally scratched the bites on my neck and 2 of them got sore again.

3 comments:

  1. Did you ever find out what this was? I think my son has the same situation going on and I don’t know what’s causing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't find out. The bites eventually cleared up on their own. It was a mystery.

      Delete
  2. My leg full of this red spot now. Already 5 days. Already use calamine, steroid but no effect on it. How

    ReplyDelete