Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Phuket food


I'm in Phuket for the vegetarian food festival which hasn't started yet. In the meantime a gal has to eat, and I LOVE Thai food, so have been pigging out on loads of different things. My stomach is happy but my waistline is groaning.


I love the Thai curries and spicy dishes, and I usually eat at the market or food stalls in Phuket town. However I think the market in Krabi town is actually better for getting the real spicy dishes.

 I love these dishes, close up view -





taro, yam bean etc

Phuket's answer to Starbucks

pumpkins

mobile food


spices for the curries



 This is all vegetarian


And of course I love the sticky cakes. I am addicted to some of those. Thanks to Noel in Thailand for the id's of the cakes.






a dentist's nightmare



soyabean cake


syrupy delights


artificial colours!


 
dried & preserved fruits

cinchow
 Thai Colonel Sanders

And in case you need the dentist after, I've got some dentist signs -


don't ask !!
 © Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

12 comments:

  1. In the fifties we used to have this type of hawkering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't reckonise these but look interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah ! Not coming to Phuket to eat this !?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I like some of these dishes, though some of them are sooooo hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eieieieiei.......you have more photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....I don't know these sweets. Never see them in Bangkok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Southern food is too spicy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend, Sherry, said they should be piak-poon, not ka-nom-dok-din. Both are black so I'm not sure. I have to eat them to identify. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. The white and blue are kao-kriab-pak-mor. The ball-shape ones are sa-koo-sai-moo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. >eieieieiei.......you have more photos here.

    Yessssssssssssss, I love my food !!!

    ReplyDelete