Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The C Club & Shiseido


I had an invite to a product show by SHISEIDO, and decided to go along, even though I don't use such products. Having been to the fashion show (truly-asian-indulgence) which included a demonstration and free samples from Shiseido, at least I could say I was familiar with some of their products. But I didn't like them, as you can see from the comments on Truly Asian Indulgence.

This event was held in the C-Club in the Pavilion. I've only been to the Pavilion about 3 times and have never shopped there. The C. Club (also known as The Carat Club), is a restaurant cum diamond retail outlet.

window
 There were a lot less attendees, maybe because it was the eve of Hari Raya, 19 Sept 2009. Those that arrived early had a hand massage with a special moisturiser. I found the same problem, after my hands felt so sticky, and left grease marks when I touched anything.

We then had a demonstration of the Future Solution products and how to use them. To me it was too complicated, cleaning with a foam, then a softener, then a moisturiser (for day or night). This was followed by a showing of the Taj jewellery, which didn't interest me at all.

I plucked up courage to answer one of the competition questions, and although I didn't get the right answer at first and had to be helped, I won a voucher for a facial worth RM250. Wow!

Next was a chance to have some make up done, or skin tested, or eyebrows shaped. I went for the latter, and to be honest didn't see a huge difference when it was done.

I was then taken to the sales table, and a lady tried to sell me a jewellery case with a few small size products, for RM500 - special promotion price. One jar of eye cream was RM480. I said I would consider it!!! And I didn't even bother to look at the displays of jewellery etc.

As soon as lunch was ready, I went for that. This was the highlight. A 3 course meal, upstairs in the C Club restaurant / bar. I had pastrami salad, T-bone steak and cheesecake. Very nice, except the salad only had 1 slither of pastrami, and although my steak was OK, Nadya's was not good (and didn't look like T-bone).


One wall was done as a huge wine rack. The central diamond thingy that went down to the shop floor below was quite stunning. But the plasticky silver bamboo-like chairs were a bit odd, and also some of the cushions were a bit over the top, gold sequins on a gold cushion!
CClub staricase


"diamonds' connect 2 floors


































Shiseido products
We were then given a bag of samples. There was shampoo, 'conditioner' and a hair tonic. Various lipsticks. There was the skin range of foam, softerner and moisturiser, one set for day and one for night. I'm typing this having applied the night set, and my face is a greasy oily mess. I really don't like all these skin products. There is no way I can go to bed with all this sticky gunk on my face.


facial voucher, my prize
As I said above, I rarely go to Pavilion and had never eaten there until this week. On Wed, I had lunch with a friend at the Italian On Sixth. And today at C Club, so that's 2 Pavilion lunches in 4 days! Things usually happen in 3s........ so will I get my 3rd lunch at the Pavilion soon???

Pavilion


Pavilion entrance

toilet sign
© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment