Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Danum Valley

Danum Valley Conservation Area in Sabah is quite well visited by nature lovers from all over the world. I was there in Oct 2006 during the awful haze, so my photos are quite hazy. The highlight of my visit was to see my first really wild orang utan. I've seen them before in rehabilitation centres such as Sepilok, and in Kuching and Sumatra, but this animal was really a wild one. One of the regular visitors to the centre is Janggut the bearded pig. I love pigs, hence there are many photos of him! I was also able to pay a visit to the Field Centre which is a scientific research station.









Janggut -























  special dinner
 orang utan










 Near Danum field centre


© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment